Thursday 5 August 2010

Looking for a little Kitchinspiration


Dear reader, brace yourself. I have something to share.

I don't cook dinner from scratch every day for my family.

What? You already knew that about me? or at least suspected?

I am in desperate need of a little Kitchinspiration.

I do love to cook, in theory. I can't get enough of the cooking shows and covet recipes like the Hobbit.

And in practice, I love to eat.

I also love to feed the people that I love, a trait that I inherited from my mom. What I didn't inherit from my mom was her MacGyver-like ability to create full meals from whatever is in her fridge - without.a.recipe. I am a devout recipe user. I like instructions, in life and in the kitchen. I do not fly by the seat of my pants.

I do have the time to cook, and most of the "tools" I need. I have the worlds' teeniest, but very functional kitchen. And while grocery shopping here in Saigon presents an entire set of problems, our nanny Ty has said she will help me with the shopping and food prep.

So there you have it. I am on a journey within a journey. Wish me luck.

I will back to update you on successes, failures and everything in between.

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Help of any kind is great! I bet you are going to have some fantastic meals.

    ReplyDelete