Thursday, 21 April 2011
Because the highlight of this week is that I don't have scabies.
Turns out I am just allergic to Thai band aids.
Good grief. Can't wait to file these medical claims. Excuse me while I go pour myself a bottle of wine.
Monday, 18 April 2011
Wednesday, 6 April 2011
- Sleepy, sweet beings.
- Window shopping & real-live shopping
- Bangkok is known for having a wonderful street-food culture, and this woman made the best fried rice with egg I have ever tasted. I almost kissed her on the mouth.
- One word - Boots.
- The mixologists at Hyde & Seek.
- This woman and her Thai tea cart. Every day, sometimes twice a day.
- Even the cellphone service is happy.
- Also feeling the Thai love? Ronald himself.
- This one fast food joint had the BEST name ever.
- Speaking of delicious options, the cupcake craze was alive and well in Bangkok.
- Happy = BNS
BNS is the Thai equivalent of Staples, B&N and Hallmark, all rolled into one -it is, in my mind, the holy trinity of shopping. For the record, I bought four or five new pens (at 50cents a pop) and only three new books. I was incredibly well-behaved. But if I ever go missing, I am most likely at the BNS at Central World Mall in Bangkok. Thankfully, Gwen loves BNS as much as I do. We seriously spent h.o.u.r.s there. Pure bliss.....
- I have never, EVER seen shopping malls like the ones in Bangkok. But I was more impressed with the modern, fully-stocked grocery stores. Strange what living in the third world does to you...