Monday 19 July 2010

Beep-Beep, Coming Through


Image0015
Originally uploaded by meredith w page

In my attempt to not stand out any more than possible in Saigon, I have gone and gotten myself a bicycle.
As if my tall, freckled, redheaded self was not already shocking to the Vietnamese people, nothing like adding a bell and some speed to my persona and BAM! Hello Vietnam!!!!!
I hadn't been on a bike for probably 20 years or so and I beg to differ with the person who coined the phrase, "it is like riding a bike". Needless to say, a helmet is forthcoming.
The district where we live has nice wide open streets, and it is great to get some added exercise while exploring our neighborhood or running to the market for gummy bears and wine with Alli (you figure out who gets what).

2 comments:

  1. You break your head talking pictures on that bike and I'm taking you to a Vietnamese head doctor. No Singapore for you, Joey Chitwood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous!! We brought out bikes only to find out it's suicide to ride here. I hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete