Tuesday 7 September 2010

A Lightbulb Moment

While on vacation this past weekend, I finally came up with a clear description of parenthood, should anyone ask:

When you go on vacation as a young(er), in my case single person, you end up having such an amazing time that your first thought in the morning is "I wonder if I slept through breakfast?".

When you go on vacation as an old(er), married mom with two children, you end up awake at daybreak and your first thought in the morning is "How long until breakfast is served?".

Can I get an Amen?

2 comments:

  1. Amen, and how long until nap time? On our last day there we were cheering for scheduling to be on the early flight! So glad to get home earlier rather than later that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Oh, and if you do get to the breakfast table with the kidlets, at some point you ask, "Did I actually EAT my breakfast? Oh, must have. My plate is empty."

    ReplyDelete