Friday 18 February 2011

Watch out Martha

Right before the Christmas holiday, Alli came home from school with close to 100 sheets of her "art". Now, don't get me wrong. I am sentimental and I love seeing her creations, but I am not going to store and SHIP every single piece of her "art" across the world. I left the stack on our dining room table for about 2 months because I didn't know what to do with it and I certainly didn't just want to toss it. I teased Alli's teacher about it and she told me she knew of a mom who used it as wrapping paper - genius!!!
Isn't that such a great idea? It adds such a nice personal touch, especially until she can write a note herself.

2 comments:

  1. I also know someone who used to find some that had nothing on the back and use them as cards - thank you, birthday, etc. I just go through it and pick out the "best" ones and keep those. They are all stored in plastic totes (well, I only have one so far).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to laminate them and use them as placemats (informal dining events only, of course).

    ReplyDelete