Wednesday 9 February 2011

Dinner Date - Adult Version

We ate dinner at Com Nieu this week as part of the Consulate's monthly supper club, and I have to say it was the best Vietnamese food I have eaten so far. It was so delicious, I had to take pictures. Good thing I did, because we DEVOURED all of it.






The restaurant is famous for its clay-pot rice. The rice is baked in clay pots which are then shattered open. After that, the rice is thrown across the room to a waiter. I wish I had pictures of that, but let's just say that I got all excited and put my camera on some crazy setting, so all I got was this:



If you want to see the rice-throwing action, check out this video from Anthony Bourdain who visited the restaurant on one of his shows. Since he visited, the beloved owner passed away and the restaurant has changed location, but I still can't WAIT to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment